- (countable) An unproven conjecture.
- I have a theory about who broke into the school last night, but itâ€™s just a theory.
- (uncountable) An expectation of what should happen, barring unforeseen circumstances.
- So weâ€™ll be there in three hours? â€” Thatâ€™s the theory.
- (countable) (sciences) A coherent statement or set of statements that attempts to explain observed phenomena.
- There is now a well-developed theory of electrical charge.
- (countable) (sciences) A logical structure that enables one to deduce the possible results of every experiment that falls within its purview
- The theory of relativity was proposed by Einstein
- (uncountable) (mathematics) A field of study attempting to exhaustively describe a particular class of constructs.
- Knot theory classifies the mappings of a circle into 3-space.
- (countable) (logic) A set of axioms together with all statements derivable from them.
- A theory is consistent if it has a model.
6 letters in word "theory": E H O R T Y.
No anagrams for theory found in this word list.
Words found within theory:
eh er et eth eyot he her hero hery het hey ho hoe hoer hore hot hote hoy hye hyte oe oh or ore ort other oy oye oyer re reh ret rho rhy roe rot rote rye ryot te tehr the they tho thro throe thy to toe toey tor tore tory toy toyer trey troy try trye tye tyer tyre tyro ye yeh yer yet yo yore